ell, a smart idea, hard work, and dedication can transform the whole world. These are the ingredients that can make you extraordinary. There are some widely accepted norms that one can follow to gain a little bit of inspiration.
A few days ago, Huxley Dunsany who is a former Apple employee posted an image of the back of his old employee card. According to Huxley Dunsany, the card was given to him when he was hired by Apple way back in the year 2004.
Huxley Dunsany submitted the picture on Reddit where he wrote I left Apple years ago, but these really stuck with me ever since
The card’s title reads Rules for success. The name JB refers to John Brandon (JB), who was a vice president of sales in the United States and Pacific for Apple. Here are the 11 Rules of Success-
- Let go of the old, make the most of the future
- Always tell the truth, we want to hear the bad news sooner than later
- The highest level of integrity is expected, when in doubt, ask
- Learn to be a good businessperson, not just a good salesperson
- Everyone sweeps the floor
- Be professional in your style, speech, and follow-up
- Listen to the customer, they almost always get it
- Create win/win relationships with our partners
- Look out for each other, sharing information is a good thing
- Don’t take yourself too seriously
- Have fun, otherwise, it’s not worth it
If we talk about John Brandon, who wrote these rules, Huxley Dunsany says He really seemed to live by these rules and made the whole organization feel like something really special, even when Apple was still climbing out of beleaguered’ status
So, these are the 11 rules for success. What do you think about this? Share your views in the comment box below.