The other day, I wanted to download an app on my iPhone. But when I tried to hit the Get button, I can't a popup saying something like, “The app is available only in the US App Store. Hence, you can't download it.” Then, I thought of changing the country but failed to do so even after trying several tricks. And just when I was about to give up, I came to know this trick that eventually saved the day for me. If you also can't change your App Store country or region in iOS 11 on your iPhone and iPad and looking for a way to overcome the hurdle, you would appreciate this tutorial.
Here are the Reasons Why You Can't Change App Store Country or Region on iPhone and iPad
There are multiple reasons why you can't switch your country.
- If you have store-crediting remaining on your Apple ID.
- If you are still the member of any Family Sharing group.
- If you haven't yet canceled your Apple Music subscriptions.
- If you haven't yet canceled your any other active subscriptions.
- If your memberships, pre-orders, iTunes movie rentals, or Season Passes are still in limbo.
Must follow the below mentioned things before going through the process.
- Ensure that you don't have any store credit remaining on your Apple ID.
- If there any pending store credit refunds to process, make sure to wait for them.
- Ensure that you have canceled all the subscriptions including Apple Music.
- Be sure all the memberships, pre-orders, iTunes movie rentals, or Season Passes have been completed.
- You must have to update the payment method to purchase in other countries.
- Apple also recommends you to back up your iOS device to iTunes. You might also need to downgrade your iCloud storage temporarily.
- Moreover, you will have to leave the Family Sharing group if you are part of it. To know more, jump over to this complete guide.
Once you have checked all the above things, you should be able to change App Store country region. You can do it both with your existing Apple ID and the new one
If you don't want to cancel Apple Music subscription or leave family sharing just to download an app that's not available in your country, there is a workaround.
All you need to do is create a new Apple ID and add the billing address as well as the phone number (any random one that matches with a standard one).
How to Change Country Region on iPhone or iPad Without Leaving Family Sharing or Cancelling Apple Music Subscription
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iOS device and tap on your name → Now, you have to tap on Sign Out and confirm.
Step #2. Next, tap on Sign In (on the Apple ID banner) → Tap on Create New Apple ID. Then, go through the on-screen instructions to create a new ID.
Step #3. After you have created your ID, open Settings → your name → iTunes & App Store.
Step #4. Tap on your Apple ID → Tap on View Apple ID.
Step #5. Tap on Country/Region → Tap on Change Country or Region.
Step #6. Up next, choose the country. In this test, I'm going to select the United States.
Step #7. Then, agree to the terms and conditions.
Step #8. This is very important step. Under Payment Method, choose None and enter your name under Billing name. Next, you have to type in your billing address. Enter any street name and type in the name of any city of US. Be sure to type in the state it belongs to and the correct zip code of the city.
Now, you need to enter a typical phone number of the country. I have gone for 989 555-1456. In the end, tap on Next.
You have successfully updated your info. Now, go ahead and download the apps, which are yet to be rolled out in your region.