While browsing through App Store, my eyes stumbled up an impressive app and wanted to download it. But the happiness did not last long because when I went with the process of getting the app, I got the message that the app is not available in my country and therefore I can't download it. Hence, I decided to Change App Store Country or region in iOS 11 on my iPhone and iPad to download the foreign app. Though the process was not so straightforward, I somehow overcame the hurdle!
What if you have moved to a new country and wish to update the information so that you will continue to purchase items in the App Store? Well, we have also taken this genuine purpose into account. But there are things you need to keep in mind before going through the process.
How to Change App Store Country/Region in iOS 11 on iPhone or iPad
You no longer live in the country mentioned in your Apple ID. Check out the below-mentioned things and follow the subsequent steps to update your information.
Make sure to do the following things before changing your country or region:
- Be sure to spend the remaining store credit on your Apple ID.
- Make sure to wait for the pending store credit refunds to process.
- Ensure that you have canceled all the subscriptions, including Apple Music.
- You must also wait for the memberships, pre-orders, iTunes movie rentals, or Season Passes to complete.
- You need to update your payment method as well because you can't purchase items in German iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store using your American credit card.
- Therefore, get the credit or debit card for your new country or region ready.
- Make sure you have backed up your iOS device to iTunes.
- You might also need to temporarily downgrade your iCloud storage until you switch to the new country or region.
- You won't be allowed to change your country or region if you are part of a Family Sharing group. To leave the Family Sharing group, open Settings app on your iOS device → Name → Family Sharing → tap [your name] → tap Leave Family.
- It will update the billing address for all of the Apple services, which are associated with your Apple ID.
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iOS device → Tap on iTunes & App Store.
Step #2. Next, tap your Apple ID and select View Apple ID.
Step #3. Next up, you might be asked to authenticate your Apple ID.
Step #4. Up next, tap on Country/Region → Tap on Change Country or Region.
Step #5. Select your new country or region.
Step #7. Next, you need to enter a valid payment method. Also, type in your billing address and tap Next.
Step #8. Finally, tap on Done.
That's it! Now, your Apple ID country will be updated across your devices linked with the same account.
You can also head over to Apple ID account page to update your information. Keep reading…
How to Change Country/Region from Apple ID Account Page
Step #1. Open any web browser and go to Apple ID account page and sign in to your account.
Step #2. Now, in the Account section, click on Edit.
Step #3. In the Country/Region menu, you have to choose your new country or region.
Step #4. Click on “Continue to update.”
Step #5. Next, you have to enter your new payment information. In the end, click Save to confirm the change.
If you just want to change the country region for the sake of downloading the app without having to cancel Apple Music Subscription or leave Family Sharing, there is a workaround.
All you need to do is create a new Apple ID and add the billing address of the respective country.
How to Change Country/Region on iPhone or iPad Without Leaving Family Sharing or Cancelling Apple Music Subscription
Step #1. Open Settings app on your iOS device and tap on your name. Now, tap on Sign Out and confirm.
Step #2. Now, go back and tap on Sign In (on the Apple ID banner). Then, tap on Create New Apple ID. Next, follow the on-screen instructions to create a new ID.
Step #3. Once you have created your ID, open Settings → tap your name → Tap on iTunes & App Store.
Step #4. Tap on your Apple ID → Tap on View Apple ID.
Step #4. Tap on Country/Region → Tap on Change Country or Region.
Step #5. Up next, you have to select the country. I'm going to select the United States.
Step #6. Now, agree to the terms and conditions.
Step #7. Under Payment Method, select None. Under Billing Name, enter your name.
Important: Under billing address, enter any street name. Now, type in the name of any city of US and make sure to type in the state it belongs to. Next, enter the correct zip code of the city you have entered. Next up, now, you have to enter a standard phone number. I have used 989, 555 1456. Finally, tap on Next.
Tip: You must be pretty wise in entering the address and phone number because this is where the trick lies.
Have your say:
I guess you have gone through the process successfully! Have any question? Toss it up in the comments below.