We will be going through some of the basics to advance keyboard shortcut keys. These will help you in your daily routine and will make your day easy. Not just this I wanna tell you that if you study the computer-related subject in your higher studies. You have to start with Microsoft word and excel. But, I bet you these shortcut keys will help you a lot during that time. We will be also going through some of the special characters. These special characters are a bit rare piece because most people don’t cover these things.
We will be going in alphabetical order and will be covering all the alphabets. So let’s get started with it….
Shortcut keys that can be used with the control (Ctrl) button.
1. Ctrl + A – helps to select all text
2. Ctrl + B – bold the highlighted text
3. Ctrl + C – copy any text or a file
4. Ctrl + D – it bookmarks the open webpage or opens the front page in Microsoft word
5. Ctrl + E – centers the text
6. Ctrl + F – open the find window
7. Ctrl + G – opens the find in the browser
8. Ctrl + H – open find plus replace in notepad and word, open history tab in the browser
10. Ctrl + I – make the text italics
11. Ctrl + J – view download in browser
12. Ctrl + K – creates a hyperlink in Microsoft word
13. Ctrl + L – select the address bar in the browser and left assign the text in word
14. Ctrl + M – insert selected process in a word processor
15. Ctrl + N – Create a new page or document
16. Ctrl + O – Open a file in the jew program
17. Ctrl + P – Open the print window for the page you are in
18. Ctrl + R – reload the page in a browser or right-align the text in word
19. Ctrl + S – save a document file
20. Ctrl + T – create a new tab in the internet browser
21. Ctrl + U – underline the selected text
22. Ctrl + V – paste any text which has been copied
23. Ctrl + W – close an open tab in the browser or close the word document
24. Ctrl + X – cut any text or selected object
25. Ctrl + Y – this will redo any undo action
26. Ctrl + Z – it will undo any action
Many of us don’t know that you can even special characters from your keyboard too. Special characters like- è, à, ñ, etc.
|Alt+0176||° (degree symbol)|
|Alt+0177||± (plus/minus symbol)|
|Alt+0128||€ (Euro currency)|
|Alt+0162||¢ (Cent symbol)|
|Alt+0163||£ (British Pound currency)|
|Alt+0165||¥ (Japanese Yen currency)|
So, guys this I the end of the article. I hope you must have learned about some of the basic tips and tricks on how to use these shortcut keys. I am damn sure these will help you in the coming future. Do subscribe to our newsletter to always get notified about the latest article.